- doors can now lead to new rooms
- new format for storing room “maps” as collections of strings
- updated README instructions for world generation and map editing
- Known bug: cake no longer nutritious :-(
- fewer dependencies
- rooms can be “slept” and “woken”
This is still not quite playable, but things are coming together enough that, once I get combat and inventory running, I think it’ll be possible to build a simple quest. I have been thinking about the separation between Pxlqst, the game, and Pxlngn, the game engine, upon which I expect pixel art enthusiasts will create many a 16×16 adventure game.
See the map format here: